Monday, November 20, 2006

We love to eat. We love to cook. Yeah, yeah that's it.

TAG and I love to cook & eat. I'm not sure which we enjoy more. We've gotten HC in the act. When I first met her she ate to live. Now she's in the live to eat camp.

This week's menu so far:
Sunday: Surf & Turf. {Maryland Crab Cakes that TAG brought up from DC & NY Strip Steaks.} Brussels Sprouts sauteed with corn, garlic, and black beans. The crab cakes were outta sight. Mostly crab. Just enough filler to hold them together. The steaks medium rare. 5 minutes a side. Soft, supple, sweet, juicy. (Num, num, num, steak)

Tonight: Herb encrusted roast Lamb. Pancetta and chestnut stuffing. Sauteed broccoli. The aroma of the lamb, as I walked through the door with my dad, was heavenly. Other worldly. intoxicating. Done masterfully. The stuffing is really, really good. So addictive. And different. Each bite you get a different flavor or texture. I prefer it.

Tomorrow night: Dinner at J's. He'll have something delicious up his culinary sleeves.

There's a box of chocolates with J's name on it. (Part of his belated birthday present.) From Mon Amiee Chocolate. Warning: If you're a diabetic, stay at least 30 feet away from the store. The contact buzz alone could mess with your blood sugar level. Lovely place. Great selection of chocolates and candies from around the world. We've come to be addicted to the Dolfin Belgium Herb & Spice variety pack. Really unique flavor combinations that work surprisingly well. For example, chocolate & cumin, chocolate & Earl Grey, and our favorite chocolate & cardomon. Who knew? Those crafty Belgians!

What can I say?!? It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it!

Life is too short to eat bad food.

7 Comments:

At Tue Nov 21, 10:01:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Why do I always read this when I'm hungry? Why?

 
At Tue Nov 21, 01:25:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Because CHowder's know :-)

 
At Tue Nov 21, 10:37:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Can I please be your personal taste tester?!?!? Please? Please??

:::::bats eyelashes:::::

:)

 
At Wed Nov 22, 08:48:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Michelle: You also need to tilt your head to the side when batting your eyelashes.

;)

 
At Wed Nov 22, 07:27:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

See, that shows you were my mind is at (or not at!)

:::blink blink::::
::: head tilt ::::
:::blink blink::::

 
At Wed Nov 22, 09:34:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle & PW: LOL! HRH is proud!

Yes. You can be my personal taste testers.

I don't know if this has ever happened to you folks but: Sometimes when I've been prepping/cooking for a bit I don't want to look at the meal let alone eat it.. Not often but sometimes I get this way. Just tired of messin' with it for the day.

 
At Wed Nov 22, 10:38:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, that sometimes happens to me too. Or I get so tired from standing around prepping so much I'm too exhausted to eat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home