Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm a bit stressy

I feel like I'm in a pressure cooker:
  • Work has been frantic. They want it ASAP. It doesn't matter if I tell them it's not reasonable/possible. They want it ASAP! Yesterday! Immediately if not sooner! Sometimes they don't know what they want but it still needs to be there ASAP. I've been telling my boss about some of their demands and all she can do is shake her head... Will it ever come into fashion to tell the customer the truth? (That they're on crack! And need to take off the rose colored glasses)
  • Health: I had a doctor's appointment today. More check-ups related to age & children. Fun stuff. I wonder: Would I be a good father? Where will I find the time? Where will I find the money? Am I too set in my ways? I know I've got a temper, will I ever take it out on the child?
  • Cars: The Miata's clutch gave out on me today on the way to work. That added to the fun & stress of getting to work early to get a few things done before seeing the Doc. The Audi needed tires, brakes, and suspension components to pass inspection. The Honda needed a tire & a wheel bearing.
  • Finances: We've been spending money like it's going out of style. The cars have eaten up the lion's share. HC saw some cool artwork we needed to have. The AC needed work. The trees need to be pruned/trimmed. The patio and front walkway are pulling away from the house & cracking.
  • The Dad: Is driving up to Toronto!!! I'm glad he's feeling better. Well enough to want to go on a drive. But it's been years (over 15) since he's driven for that l-o-n-g. His driving around town scares the bejesus out of me & HC. He drives the speed limit. Let's face it, no one drives the speed limit. He's sloppy when he makes turns. He's never hit any cars but I don't understand the need to cut the corners so tight OR wide. No. He's not one of those elderly people that get into accidents all the time. In fact, his driving record is pretty clean except he did hit an ice patch a few years back that crumpled up the front bumper & fenders real nice. But I still have my concerns. Toronto is 6 hours away. I'll need to remind him to take a break if he's feeling tired. I'm worried

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thu Aug 09, 08:06:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Chowder: I'm so sorry things are crazy for you right now. Just remember that things come in cycles and things will calm down. And please don't doubt your parenting abilities. You are a great, caring person and that would certainly carry over to your children.

You know I'm always here for you, so if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! Hang in there, everything will be okay. :)

 
At Fri Aug 10, 07:58:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: Thanks for the vote of confidence. Children would really test my patience. But we'll see. Why would people keep having them if there wasn't some positive qualities right?!?

I'll hang in there. There's no other choice.

 
At Tue Aug 14, 12:01:00 PM 2007, Blogger Trouble said...

I think you'd be an awesome dad, for what it's worth.

 
At Tue Aug 14, 06:29:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Trouble: Thanks for the vote of confidence. It helps coming from someone who is a parent & knows me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home