Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend..

Friday night we ran some errands and hung out.

Saturday I did some chores around the house and prepped food for the cookout we were having later that night.

Saturday evening we had some of my co-workers over for dinner. It was good to spend time with them and their spouses. They're a lot of fun. Good fun, laughs, food, and drinks!!

The menu: A mixed green and fresh arugula salad, pasta with a tomato and roasted red pepper sauce, and grilled chicken. My guests brought an awesome crab dip and a fruit tart for desert.

Sunday: Clean-up & hang out. After the final clean up from the party. We didn't feel like doing anything. So for once... I didn't. I sat around all day playing on the computer and watching DVD's. It felt good. I think I need to do that more often. At first I felt like I should do something, like I was forgetting a chore/task/project. But then I realized "I've been under a lot of stress and the rest will do me some good"

So after a few episodes of me relaxing, thinking I needed to do something, reminding myself I need to relax, relaxing, thinking I need to do something, etc... I was able to embrace the leisure.

P.S. They all got a good laugh out of the Relaxation CD that couldn't be removed from the CD packaging without resorting to destructive means.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home