Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holiday Party

We were invited to a Holiday Party at 1 of my wife's coworker's houses last night. I was a little nervous since I hadn't met all of her coworkers and certainly didn't know their significant others or any other people that may be invited to the party. So I definitely felt out of my element.

I made crostini with pesto topping for the party.

I know I'm being old school here but... When I invite people over for a party I expect them for dinner not appetizers. I guess the new thing is to have people over for appetizers. I'm not sure when things changed but they have. More often than not anymore we're invited over to someone's house it's for nibbly things and not dinner. Nibbly things are cool but I can't get enough of them to feel full AND not look like a huge pig for eating 10 plates of food. Anyways, it was an appetizer party last night.

None of the wife's coworkers showed up last night so everyone there was somehow related to the husband who goes to seminary school. I was overwhelmed with the wholesomeness in the house. I felt like running home and listening to some Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. Maybe go home and kick the dog.... It was a little too sweet for me. Don't get me wrong they were all very nice and polite. But just too damn sweet. Part of me thought "If there were more people like this in the world, there would be fewer problems". But part of me thought "Damn, they're too damn sweet. Where the hell's the booze?!?"

No booze. Dry party.

Since they were all related somehow to the seminary, the major topics I heard throughout the house revolved around religion and ministry. I don't hold organized religion in high esteem so it took a lot for me to keep my mouth shut and not say a word.

My wife had a nice time. And that's really what counts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home