Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holiday dinner at J's

The menu:
  • Mixed green salad
  • Tuscan bread soup
  • Casoulet

The soup was very tasty. Different than any soup I've had before. It's made like other soups. The finishing step is to add torn up pieces of bread and let it cook down and break up. As a result, the soup is a bit thicker and has an interesting texture.

Casoulet is a country French stew. J's version is made with beans, chicken, sausage, herb, tomato paste. Heavenly. Hot & hearty. Perfect for a cold November evening. TAG really enjoyed it. (She'd never had Casoulet before. She'd been deprived until tonight)

It was fun watching the 2 of them interact.

TAG: Which one is my room? When can I move in?

J: The one at the end of the hall.

J: Do you like how your red chairs look next to the fireplace.

TAG: Yes. They look great there. Are you putting the other 1 in my car?

TAG: That's a lovely ring. Can I try it on?

J: Sure.

TAG: Hey! I can't it off my finger!!!!

At the end of the night there was the obligatory pat down before TAG left J's.

It's good to know some things never change!

2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 22, 10:40:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

OMG....too funny!! I can just picture that whole scene! I get a kick out of those two!

 
At Wed Nov 22, 10:50:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: They're a hoot together!

Back & forth they go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home