Saturday, June 30, 2007

Since I’m on a rant…

I know another part of my funk is:

I’m tired:

  • Of busting my ass at work.
  • Of co-workers not doing their jobs.
  • Of being continually under the stress of being outsourced/laid off/right sized.
  • Of always being conscious of my financial situation.
  • Of having to work more than play/rest.

Between work and school, I've been at it for over 30 years and damn I'm tired. I’ve been working since I was 10 or 11 and I’m tired. There’s got to be more but I just don’t know what it is. I’m going to take more breaks during the day to try and keep from burning out further.

Now for the ridiculous….

I’m tired:

  • Of people on cell phones. Do you think you’re alone? We can hear you & your inane conversation.
  • Of stupid drivers. Do you mind paying attention to what you’re doing with thousands of pounds of moving metal?!? Maybe there’s more than just you on the road!
  • Of stupid drivers on cell phones. Again, do you mind paying attention to what you’re doing with thousands of pounds of moving metal?!? Maybe there’s more than just you on the road!
  • Of stupid people.
  • Of self-important people. The world in general DOES NOT care who you are OR how important you think you are.
  • Of lazy people.
  • Of people with more money than brains.
  • Of people that have no business having children and yet they do!!! There are tests, licenses, and taxes for everything else. Why not having children?
  • Of people.

As for the ridiculous list. Well, it’s ridiculous. I was on a roll so I thought I’d throw some of my pet peeves in there.

I’m a bit disillusioned with life at the moment. I’m not sure what I was thinking being a grown up was going to be like. But I guess I thought there would be “more”. I don’t mean I thought I’d be ruling the world or have a gazillion dollars. But I thought there’d be more to life than getting up, going to work, taking care of people, and doing chores at home.

I need to find and do fun things.


I know everything happens for a reason. And everything that’s happened has made me who I am. But damn it I’m tired of it all. There are days I’m tempted to get in the car after work and just drive. And not stop until I hit water (Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, Ant-arctic)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 05, 12:50:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I'm sorry. How goes the job hunt?

 
At Thu Jul 05, 09:43:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Stalled. I read a few pages in the Parachute book but then got distracted with vacation and parental health issues. Work has been going better but I really do need to work on my next move.

I think it would help my general disposition.

 
At Fri Jul 13, 07:28:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Yes, you do need to keep reading the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home