Tuesday, August 14, 2007

1 less thing to worry about

The Daddy-O made it home safe & sound from Toronto today.

I was worried because he hasn't gone on a long drive in years. (At least 15 years. Maybe 20) And he's always getting lost.

He had a good time. Made it there and back safe & sound. He really likes his car. (2003 Honda Accord.) He said it drove very nicely and was very comfortable.

AND it has GPS!!! I added the address to the hotel and 1 of our relatives into the trip computer before he left so all he needed to do was press a couple of buttons on the touch screen display and viola!! It would show him a map AND provide voice instructions. I also programmed the "Go home" button for him so where ever he was he could be directed home with the press of a button.

He really liked the GPS. He said it was like an adult leading a child. "Turn left in .25 miles", etc... Ain't technology great!?!

I'm happy he had a good time visiting friends and relatives. He'd been laying low this year due to health issues. And it had been making him stir crazy. He needed to get away for a few days. It was just what he needed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 19, 09:44:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear your dad did well driving on his trip. I know how worrysome that can be.

GPS units are the best! I just got one a few weeks ago and it's so nice not stressing out not knowing where I'm going. It's definitely a great investment.

 
At Wed Aug 22, 09:12:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Yes. It was good to see that he made it up there & back without issue.

I get nervous because he definitely does not drive as well as he used to. AND it's a l-o-n-g drive!!!

GPS is very cool. I think I may have to get that in the next car OR a portable unit like you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home