Sunday, December 23, 2007

Winter is officially here

December 21, the Winter Solstice. Officially the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. The end of Fall. The beginning of Winter.

I can't wait until Spring & Miata driving season starts again. Yesterday was nice so I started it up & took it out of the garage. I let it run for 30 minutes to make sure the battery was in good shape and charged up. And to get the moisture out of the engine and exhaust system. I know I really don't need to run it but I wanted to sit in it, fire it up, work a few of the gears. I really miss driving it.

Don't get me wrong, the Audi's a nice, quiet, roomy, comfortable car. Full of amenities and luxury gizmos. It is a capable car. It's nice to drive. It's great on long trips and the AWD is a nice feature when the roads are uncertain. It can be fun to drive. But the Miata is all about fun: small, maneuverable, manual transmission, convertible.Wonderful driver to road feel.

I find I take the long way to places so I can spend more time in the car. I'll find the twisty windy roads. I love the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. It's a great stress reliever for me. I concentrate on the moment and forget everything else. Whatever may be bothering me is set aside for a brief time.

Roughly 3 months to go...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home