Friday, September 08, 2006

Today is our wedding anniversary.

On this day in 2000 the HC had a lapse in judgement. A moment of weakness when she said “I do”. I tell her she signed up for “Hard time” all the time. ;-)

Every morning I start my day by being thankful that I woke up AND the HC is next to me. I’m the luckiest Chowderhead on the planet. She’s loving, soothing, calming, kind, creative, funny, silly, articulate, compassionate, active, patient, and smart. Just to name a few qualities I love about her. She knows when to let me rant and when to say “You’re on Crack!”. When I’m being irrational she hits me with logic. She gives me balance when I feel off. She tries to talk sense to the Chowderhead.


I can be hard to live with. I'm high maintenance. I require constant supervision. I have no delusions about any of these facts!

So yeah. I’m thankful she’s around. I definitely got the better end of the deal.

10 Comments:

At Fri Sep 08, 12:33:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Thank you honey. I love you. Happy Anniversary.

I think I have something in my eye...

 
At Sun Sep 10, 07:44:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

You guys are so sweet! Let me just say that I am so thankful we met and we are friends. You both are wonderful people and I'm lucky to have you guys in my life!

Happy Anniversary! I wish you many, many, many more years of wedded bliss!

 
At Mon Sep 11, 10:29:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: Thank you for your comments.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 10:53:00 AM 2006, Blogger Osquer said...

Happy happy happy anniversary to you both! One can tell just by watching the two of you together for only a few moments that you are good for each other! Isn't it wonderful to be valued?

Amen, Michelle, life is better with Chowderhead and Hellcat!

 
At Mon Sep 11, 11:29:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Osquer: Thank you.

You and Michelle please remember the "Good for each other" part. Please. No settling just to have someone around. It isn't worth it. Better to be single than in a relationship that isn't good for both of the people.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 11:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Didn't want to get preachy but it is worth the wait & the effort. My life is so much better in a healthy relationship.

Don't settle.

And yes Osquer it is nice to be valued.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 12:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Osquer said...

Amen on not settling, Chowder!

 
At Mon Sep 11, 01:54:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Dude, I'm late.

Damn.

Happy anniversary!!

:)

 
At Mon Sep 11, 07:32:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Double amen on not settling! I will never do that again. I did that once before and I ended up divorced.

Thank you as always for your wonderful words of wisdom! You always keep me in check and grounded! HC is one lucky lady!

 
At Tue Sep 12, 10:00:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW & Rob: Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home