Monday, September 03, 2007

Weekend update

We had a very nice weekend. The weather was perfect.

Friday night the weather was so nice we went for a ride after dinner. We ended up at a very dangerous place for me: Best Buys. The gift card my sister sent me was burning a hole in my pocket. I just had to get rid of it...

Saturday we went to the Strip District for groceries and lunch. It was beautiful out. A lot of fun riding around top down. Saturday evening we had dinner at J's place. Awesome food, drinks, company, and weather.

Sunday we were invited over to S &A's for a cookout. It was nice seeing everybody. I've been friends with S for 20 years so I'm treated like a family member. His mother always says I'm like another son to her. It feels really good to have such good & down to earth people accept me and think of me that way. S & A's kids were their usual sweet selves. When we got there, they dropped everything they were doing and came running over to give me a hug. It's always nice to have those 2 come running and making a big fuss over me.... They are just the sweetest kids. (I think those 2 broke me of the kid phobia)

HRH had a great time playing with the kids and getting all the attention that's appropriate for someone of his position. And let's not forget all the treats and snacks everyone was giving him!!! He was in heaven. Food, playing fetch, food, kids, food, getting food out of his toys for the amusement of everyone, fetch...

Today we didn't have anything planned other than to enjoy the wonderful weather. We went on a ride out to Bear Run Nature Reserve near Fallingwater. I'd read about this place last year in a VisitPA brochure I got in the mail. We didn't get a chance to see the place last year so we made time this year. It's a lovely nature reserve with all kinds of trails. We enjoyed our hike. Very scenic. We'll definitely be back. There are many trails we have yet to take. We're both a bit tired from the hike. But a good tired. We both needed to burn off some of the food we over indulged this weekend.

HRH enjoyed his time off leash. His time to roam the lands as he was intended. His time to eat anything and everything that lay on the forest floor. The phrase "turd munch" was used several times as we had to get him away from the savory bits the forest creatures were leaving for him. He's a sick little monkey. I don't understand his need to eat poop....

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Sep 04, 06:20:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. It sounds like you needed it. Sooooo....what did you get at Best Buy?!?!?! And just how much poop did HRH eat!??! Geez...I may think twice before I let him kiss me again! :)

 
At Tue Sep 04, 10:06:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Smallville Season 1 & some relaxation CD's for me. A Platters & Classical Melodies CD's for my dad.

 
At Wed Sep 05, 06:04:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Curious minds want to know....were you able to get these CD's open?!??! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home