Sunday, September 02, 2007

What's been going on?

Sorry I haven't posted recently. Here's what's been going on...

Work: Hasn't let up. It's kept me running around like a chicken without a head. They have no idea what they want but they want it ASAP, yesterday if not sooner. And they don't tell me what they need and then get on conference calls and complain!?!? How can I help you when you don't let me know your needs? I've been trying to remember to do my breathing exercises to keep my stress at a manageable level. (It's helped a little) I've been walking HRH after work. That's helped too.

Miata: Finally all fixed up. New clutch & glove box lock. I'm tops down again!! Oh I forgot to mention the new glove box latch was needed because someone tried to break into the Miata when we went up to Morraine State Park a while back. They stole a pair of $5 sunglasses from the center console and broke the lock on the glove box. You know whoever they are are really hard up when they need to steal $5 sunglasses. I hope they enjoy the cheap sunglasses as much as I did. I'm glad they didn't get into the glove box though since I had a 12 CD holder in there...

HC: She's doing well. Busy with work and getting sporadic painting jobs here & there.

HRH: Unsatisfied with the amount of food & toys his peeps give him. Always planning his next escape attempt in search of the land of food-&-toys-a-plenty.

The Daddy-o: Doing well. He's been going on his daily walks. He's in good spirits. He had me took into a trip to Montreal for him last week. (I've stopped telling him it's cheaper if you plan your trip at least 14 days in advance.) It's his money and he can spend it however he chooses. I'm not used to him being this way. All my life he's been very frugal with money. So to have him pass up the opportunity to save some money for the same service/item is strange to me. But I guess it does add to the spontaneity AND besides he's not getting any younger so you never know...

Me: Still frazzled & burned out. I need to get motivated to find my "What's next?" HC's been very supportive but I need to get motivated to read my "What Color is your Parachute" book and do the exercises. Most days I'm so tired at the end of the work day all I want to do is go home & hide. Thinking is T-H-E L-A-S-T thing I want to do. But I need to do it. I'll know when the time is right. I've noticed in my life things do happen for a reason. If I can see & learn the lesson I'm supposed to, I'll move on to the next phase/step in my life. Oh yeah. It was my birthday last Tuesday. HC took me to Whisper's Pub for dinner. The food, service, and atmospere were very nice. We'll be going back!

Kids: We're back to going back & forth. Concerns about risks to HC's health. Concerns about having the time, energy, and money to raise a child. Concerns about how it will change our lives. We like our life together now. What's a child going to do to the mix?!?! Concerns about how good a parent I'd be. After all, I'm not the most patient person....

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sun Sep 02, 10:05:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hmmm...I'm thinking a happy hour is in order!

Hang in there with everything else. :)

 
At Mon Sep 03, 12:40:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Well, the decision about kids is a very tough choice in deed. I think most people don't take the time to actually consider what brining a child into this crazy world will do to them and their own personal world.

And hence, that's what happens when you hear about those schmucks who leave their kids in the car. Or who abuse their kids.

But I'm going off topic and I can feel myself going all ranty.

 
At Mon Sep 03, 09:57:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: Yes!!! Happy hour is in order.

PW: Kids are a tough decision. I've been careful all my life NOT to have kids and even to avoid them a functions (weddings, parties, picnics) since some of them are annoying.

But now I think I'm ready for them. So we'll see. I now have doubts about: my ability, money, energy to keep up with them, etc...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home