Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baby update

Last weekend was parental education weekend.

Saturday was spent at a 1 day Lamaze marathon class. We learned everything you wanted to know about childbirth but were too frightened to ask. I wish we could have started the classes sooner so we could have taken the 4 2 hour sessions instead but the class schedules didn’t work out for us. I learned how I could be helpful while my wife was in labor. That was good information since all I know about childbirth is from TV and the movies. (And that stuff was useless.)

With a fresh dose of motivation, we went out Sunday morning to pick up some more baby items since she could arrive “any moment” now. (That was 1 of the things I learned in Lamaze class.) Breast Feeding/Lactation class was in the afternoon. Again, I learned more about breast feeding/lactation than I knew I needed to know. I also learned I could be of assistance. I always thought I was pretty much out of the loop since my breasts are non-functioning display models. But apparently I can help make sure the baby’s got a good latch on and in the proper position.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home