Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Close but no cigar

I didn't get the job. But I'm OK. I was their second choice and the guy that got the job is great and well qualified so I don't feel like I got looked over.

They said they had a really difficult time deciding on which of us they should go with. They said they'd keep me in mind for future positions they may have.

I think there are a number of reasons for my calm regarding this:
  1. Their selection is a guy I've known for 11 years. He's a friend of mine and an all around great guy. He knowledgeable and talented. He's a wonderful fit for the job.
  2. The job requirements are in a state of flux right now so they're not really sure "what" this person will be doing. In my current situation with the baby on the way, it's probably best for me to stay put at a job I know I can do without any issues.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home