Friday, September 29, 2006

Jazz

I saw Dr. Billy Taylor and his band at the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild last night. The MCG is a wonderful place that provides vocational training and has a wonderful performance space. There’s not a bad seat in the house! The acoustics are pretty good in there too. Not too live but not dead.

Dr. Taylor had a show on NPR that I tuned in to on occasion but this was the first time I’ve heard him play. It was truly a treat. The band was at the top of its game. Very tight. Very accomplished.

4 Comments:

At Sat Sep 30, 01:49:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Where is this place?

 
At Sat Sep 30, 12:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

It's on the North Side. Within a mile or 2 of the West End bridge. I'll send you the URL.

 
At Sun Oct 01, 12:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Can you send that to me too?

 
At Mon Oct 02, 10:08:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW & Michelle: Sure thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home