Thursday, September 14, 2006

Strange things that have happened recently

I know Paperback Writer and Rob say they have strange things happen to them all the time. I live a fairly quiet life so I’m not used to this.

Anyways in the past few weeks:

  • I was a witness to a bank robbery. (The robber was the guy in front of me.) He asked if he could cut in front of the woman next in line. He casually walked up to the teller, spoke to her, she opened her drawer, she collected all her money, placed it in a neat stack, he reached over, collected the stack-o- money, placed it in his pocket, and walked off. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I wasn’t sure if he knew the woman and they were on very friendly terms or if it was a robbery. He was as casual as you or I reaching for the salt & pepper on the dining room table.
  • I saw a boy get hit by an SUV this morning. He was walking to catch his bus. He walked in front of an SUV that was at a stop sign. The driver was looking at traffic and not paying attention to what/who was directly in front of her. When no cars were preventing her from making a right hand turn, she hit the gas and the boy. The boy was knocked to the ground. He got up and brushed himself off. The driver got out and said a few words to the boy. The boy kept walking. I got the driver’s information and took it to him and the crossing guard. The guard called the police. The boy seemed to be OK. He had a scraped up elbow. (And I’m sure he’ll have bruises.) But I told him to go to the nurse’s office right away and to tell his parents if he doesn’t feel OK in the next few days.


Weird wacky stuff.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 15, 10:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

!!!!

WTF?!?!?!?

!!!!!

 
At Mon Sep 18, 11:16:00 AM 2006, Blogger Osquer said...

Wow! Those are two intense situations! It was so good of you to do something responsible for the boy! Keep your head down and your eyes open, Chowder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home