Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oktoberfest dinner was a great time

HC and I had a blast. We love to entertain. I love to cook and feed/over-feed my friends. That’s something I picked up from my parents. Cooking is different when you do it professionally. It can still be a passion but it’s not as intimate or personal to me. Cooking for my friends is how I show I value them and enjoy their company.

HC used to get all stressed about entertaining. All the cleaning, all the prep work, all the cooking. But I think she’s a bit more relaxed now.


Before the HC, I was more focused on the food and drinks. Less so about the house. Now I understand the importance of the entire space being readied for a party. I find it less tedious if we tag team the tasks.

Dinner was fun last night. We ended up making 2 types of keilbasa with sauerkraut and 2 types of roasted pork. It was HC's idea. I was going to keep it more traditional. She wanted to bump it up a bit. I'm always OK with that! Usually I'm the one with the elaborate ideas/schemes.

So in addition to the keilbasa with chouchroute. We made keilbasa with brown sugar, onions, apples & sauerkraut. We also took a portion of the pork loin and seasoned it with figs, fresh sage, wine, salt & pepper. They both turned out very tasty and will be made again!

5 Comments:

At Mon Oct 16, 11:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

*sigh*

That was so good.

 
At Mon Oct 16, 01:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Spaetzle and red cabbage with beer for breakfast yesterday!

J came over for leftovers last night. He didn't get enough of the sage & fig pork roast Saturday night.

 
At Mon Oct 16, 04:32:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Glad you liked the party & could make it!

 
At Mon Oct 16, 08:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

YUMM-O!

I *JUST* couldn't resist!! Everything was awesome! I'll eat spaetzle any day! :)

 
At Tue Oct 17, 09:39:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I'd like the recipe for the spaetzle please. :)

And yes, I think I'm right. It was the fig that made me allergic.

*sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home