Monday, October 02, 2006

How was the weekend ChowderHead?

My weekend was good. It went by too quickly but they all do.

Friday night we vegetated with HRH and the TV. We watched Alfonso Ribeiro, Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, win Celebrity Duets.

Saturday we took some of HC’s stuff (faux finished furniture, beaded votives, beaded bottles, decorated picture frames, beaded fall themed garland) to her sales space. I was her Goon. (ME lift heavy objects.) She’s the talent, I’m the muscle. The division of labor keeps things simple. The ladies at the store had a good laugh about it.
We swung by the nursing home to see her grandmother afterwards. She's in her upper 90's we think and she's slipping away. It's very sad. But on the bright side she had a good & long life. Not many health problems until the last few years. After the visit we went off to find more furniture for her to customize. (no luck) We stopped in the Strip District for me to pick up some needed grocery items. Then off to IKEA for more art supplies.

Sunday morning yoga was nice. Yoga has really helped me feel better. I feel more limber, less aches and pains. We had a nice big greasy breakfast to counteract all the goodness we inflicted on our bodies. I harvested the majority of the basil in the garden and processed it for freezing. Fresh basil is best but frozen basil will do. Besides I prefer it over dried any day. We went over to J’s for dinner. Mixed green salad with a balsamic and fig dressing, pasta carbonara, and a lovely out of this world roast.

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 02, 11:43:00 AM 2006, Blogger Trouble said...

I need to harvest my basil, too, before it gets too cold. Sounds like a nice weekend!

 
At Mon Oct 02, 01:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Trouble: It was a nice weekend. A good balance of needed tasks and fun things.

I would have thought FL was warm enough that basil wouldn't die off in the fall. It's starting to get into the low 40's at night so I figure I'd better pick, grind, and freeze as much as I want or there'll be cryin' on my part....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home