Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Weekend getaway

I’ll be going to Dallas this weekend for a combo birthday party and guitar show.

2 things to note:

  • I don’t know the guests of honor.
  • I haven’t attempted to play guitar in 15 years

Ah, ChowderHead if you don’t know these people AND you don’t play the guitar, Why are you going then?
Even though I don’t play an instrument, I love music. I especially enjoy guitar music. All kinds of guitar music: new age, folk, jazz, metal, classical, rock. You get the idea.

I learned about this from S, who is a guitar player. He posts on an online forum run by Ernie Ball/Music Man, the manufacturer of his favorite guitars.

1 of the guests of honor posts regularly and sells Ernie Ball/Music Man guitars in Dallas. He & his wife’s birthday are within a week of one another. One conversation led to another on the forum and Big Poppa decided to throw them a birthday bash. And invite the forum members down for the party. We supply the transportation and lodging and Big Poppa will take care of the rest.

A couple of Big Poppa fun facts:

  • He’s known for throwing a good party.
  • S tells me he has good taste in food and drink.

These 2 reasons are enough for me to show up! But wait there’s more…some of the celebrity musicians that endorse Music Man guitars will be there as well so I’ll have the chance to hang out with them. They’ll be conducting master classes Saturday afternoon and playing Saturday night.

S went to the Music Man factory last year and raved on and on about the good time he had. So when this came up I jumped on it like HRH on a treat!

4 Comments:

At Wed Nov 01, 05:01:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like an awesome time! Have a safe and fun trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At Wed Nov 01, 10:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: Yes. You'll hear all about it. Stories!!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 09:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I love watching musicians play their instruments. Have fun!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 11:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Yeah. I love watching them play. It seems almost magical to me how you can take an instrument and make such music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home