Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Take a breath in.. Hold it... Exhale

Well, things are finally starting to slow down for me.

Last week I was in NJ. The work went well. I was able to break away and have some fine meals in Hoboken, NJ and NYC.

I stopped at Babbo one night and had the Beef Cheek Ravioli. Wonderful! The next night I stopped at the Mesa Grill and had the New Mexican Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. Also wonderful! Very nice level of heat and the meat was done perfectly. So tender. The knife slid through the meat easily.

Hoboken is a neat place. Other than being Frank Sinatra's hometown, I had no idea what the place was like. I walked along Washington Street and looked at all the shops, bars, and restaurants. It reminded me of a mix between Carson Street on the South Side and Walnut Street. All the local shops and bars & restaurants.

Now I'm back in PGH getting back into the home rhythm.

Work is starting to slow down a bit. I'm loosely watching the kids. Their manager is now back to half days and handles most issues. I'm there in case they need something ASAP. My other work is coming along nicely.

HC and I are getting ready for Christmas. The house is decorated. The cards have been mailed. Gifts purchased.

Now I can take some time to rest & relax.

** Breathe in **
** Hold it **
** Exhale **

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 20, 02:19:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

That's good. I seem to be gearing up for the opposite. :)

Such is!

 
At Wed Dec 20, 09:36:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Try to take a break when you can.

Work for me is feast or famine. I've been feasting the past few years. :-)

Even Christmas is going to be kinda quiet.

Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home