Sunday, January 06, 2008

Updates

  • I took the Daddy-o to his PCP the other day. He's doing well. They've been steadily reducing the amount of prednisone he needs to take. His Diabetes is under control. He isn't sore. He doesn't feel weak. His blurry vision & double vision have gone away. He'll be off the prednisone in a few weeks and they hope he can come off the diabetes drugs once the prednisone is out of his system. This takes some stress out of my life & some weight off my shoulders since I've been checking in on him weekly and calling every other day just to make sure everything is OK. And to see if he needs anything. And to make sure he's not getting depressed since that's a side effect of steroid use.
  • HC's slowly but surely feeling better. The first few months of pregnancy has been tough on her. She's felt nauseous the whole time. Now the nausea only happens every 2 to 3 days. So it's getting better for her.
  • Work was slow during the holidays. So far it's still going kind of slow. So that's good. I'm also due to wrap up my current project and start some others. I'm looking forward to the change.
  • I survived the holidays without any major drama/trauma.
  • I've been working with my therapist on stress, control & anger management. For me, stress and feelings of loss of control lead to anger. Those aren't the only causes of my anger but they are the major ones. She and I are working on strategies for me to use when I feel stressed or out of control. We're also working on changing the way I see things. I need to let go of the things I have no control over. In other words, I need to let go of the peanuts more often. I want to change. I want to get back to the way I was. I don't like being angry and irritable these feelings and thoughts do me no good.
  • We've been going to yoga on a regular basis and I've been exercising more. It's really helped with my stress and with all the food I ate over the holidays.

So this year is starting on a good note. Let's hope it continues this way!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home