Sunday, January 20, 2008

Workin' on it

In my last post I said I was working on stress management strategies. And letting go of things I have no control over.

It's only been a few weeks but I do feel better. I didn't think the results would show up so soon. But I feel less agitated and irritated. I don't feel as much of the weight of the world on my shoulders. Letting go has been liberating. I don't get as pissed at drivers, co-workers, or clueless people. I practice my letting go and it helps!

Now that's not to say I'm back to my good old self. I think it took years to build up to this level of irritability so I'm not going to be back to myself overnight or in a few weeks. But I'm headed in the right direction. I did have a small set back last weekend when I had a bunch of errands to run and felt rushed/stressed. I became irritable and started muttering the same old comments about people. But I recognized it and began doing my breathing exercises and I reminded myself to "Let go".

So it's working. Slowly but surely.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Jan 20, 09:54:00 PM 2008, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Good for you.

Keep it up.

 
At Tue Jan 29, 09:58:00 PM 2008, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Thank for the encouragement. I sure will.

I do feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home