Tuesday, July 11, 2006

That nasty 4 letter word

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. But WORK has been keeping me busy.

Most days I enjoy what I do but there are days...

In an ideal world none of us would need to work because we wouldn't need money (everything would be taken care of). But since this isn't an ideal world and my last name is NOT Hilton or Rockefeller or Bloomberg or Gates or Buffet or ... Well, you get the hint. I must work.

I don't know if I can truly say I love what I do but I do like it most days and my customers, managers, and peers consider me pretty good at it. So why not focus on my strengths and make a good living?

But, if I was given the choice of:
  1. working
  2. doing whatever I wanted

without concern for finances.

Hellcat and I would be in wine country soaking up the food, wine, and atmosphere in a heartbeat. And when we got tired of wine country the Chowdery World Tour would begin!!! While we're on tour I wouldn't mind picking up a language or 3 (French, Spanish & Italian). After the tour I'd probably go back to college to learn about Art, Music, History. You know, all the subjects I ignored to get a degree that would lead to a good paying job instead of making me a well rounded individual.

After a year or 2 I'm sure I'd get bored and need to do something I felt was useful. So I'd probably find a volunteer gig someplace. Or maybe philanthropy if I had enough money in reserves to make sure I'm covered.

Hey a Chowder can dream? Can't he?

3 Comments:

At Wed Jul 12, 09:23:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Yes, Chowder, you can dream...

 
At Wed Jul 12, 09:46:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Thank you.

And since I'm dreaming...with this abundance of wealth I'd pay off all my bills and any my dad may have. Then I'd make sure he was set-up financially. i'd do all this before the world tour began. But that wine country trip would happen fairly quickly after the money showed up. I would need to celebrate!

 
At Thu Jul 13, 09:31:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Word!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home