Monday, January 22, 2007

Dinner & a show

Friday night we met up with D & B at Café Allegro for dinner. It’s been a few years since we’d been to Café Allegro. HC had the duck breast. I had the rack of lamb. Both expertly prepared and delicious. The food and service were as good as I remembered. And the company was fun and engaging.

After dinner we went to the City Theater to see Late Night Catechism. What a hoot. HC had seen it before. I was a first timer. It brought back scary/repressed memories of my Catholic School upbringing. I sat still and quietly in my chair. Yes me. Still & quiet. I was afraid to laugh at times for fear of Sister.

I know. I know. I’m being weird since the actress isn’t really a nun but the habit and the mannerisms. Man, she had the mannerisms nailed. She reminded me of many of the nuns I had in school. The show brought back some memories. But I did have a good time. It is a very funny and creative parody of Catholicism and Catholic School education.

I was always the: fidgety one, the talker, the daydreamer. And I got in trouble for all of that!

Did I ever get hit with a ruler? You bet. And chalk, erasers, I even had a book thrown at me. Did I ever get paddled? Nope. I was bad but not bad enough to get paddled. And the paddle I remember had holes in it so it whistled as it came down on your butt.


Less wind resistance = Higher velocity = Bigger ouch!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Mon Jan 22, 11:27:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

We went to Cafe Allergo right before an Andrew Bird concert. And wouldn't you know it? Loki knew our waiter. :)

 
At Tue Jan 23, 09:17:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Loki knows everyone!

 
At Tue Jan 23, 10:15:00 AM 2007, Blogger Trouble said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend!!!

 
At Tue Jan 23, 10:56:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Beans: Thanks. Weather and all it was a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home