Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sushi gets us together

I met up with Michelle, PW & Loki, and Rob & Nan last night at Kiku in Station Square for Sushi. Sadly, Osquer and J couldn't make it.

They missed out on a good meal and great company.


Michelle (and Nan) had never had sushi before. We've been trying for months to get Michelle out for sushi. But schedules and reservations didn't work out. Last night everything lined up and she was able to have sushi.

I suggested she start with the California Roll. (It's a good "safe" roll to start with.) Nothing too wild or intense flavor or texture wise. Once she seemed OK with the CA Roll, I gave her a few pieces of my Rainbow Roll to try. (1 piece with Tuna and 1 with salmon.)

They were out of the Fatty Tuna which was my second suggestion for her to try so she had the Yellowfin.

I had the Eel with rice as my main course. I gave Nan and Michelle a little taste. They both liked it.

Kiku did a wonderful job with my Rainbow Roll and my Eel dish. Michelle ordered the veal dish. It was really good. I'll have to order it the next time I'm there.

It was really nice to get together with everyone. I was starting to get a little stir crazy with the cold weather keeping me inside and all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Wed Feb 07, 02:51:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Ah, sushi....

 
At Wed Feb 07, 06:07:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

How could I forget about the eel! YUMM-O!

 
At Thu Feb 08, 02:31:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW & Michelle: Sushi. Num, num. Eel. Num, num.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home