Monday, January 29, 2007

Bulge 1, Chowderhead 0

This weekend wasn’t so good for watching what I ate and how much. I’m a P.I.G. PIG I tell you. I know I'm being a bit hard on myself. But I'll let you decide once you hear what & how much I had this weekend. It's going to be tough getting back to "Smaller portions". This weekend was a bump in the road. Minor obstacle.

I had a few vacation days left over from last year so I took Friday off. I ran a few errands and then met S for lunch. I had a nice "light" lunch of Jaeger Schnitzel with Spaetzle and potato salad. Oh, and a pitcher of beer to wash it down with. Yeah. Nice & light! At least it was delicious. P.I.G. oink, oink I say!

More errands after lunch then off to meet up with Michelle and some of my other friends for happy hour. Yep, more food and drinks. So Friday was spent drinking and eating. Not necessarily in that order. Again, P.I.G. Then we went to the ElectroBelly 2 show. Belly dancing and electronic music. Different and entertaining. I had no idea “how” they were going to blend the 2 different styles but they pulled it off. I can’t wait for ElectroBelly 3!

Saturday morning I felt guilty for having my 100,000 calorie day so I got on the recumbent bicycle (a.k.a. Chowder Cycle) for a while. Then I took HRH to the dog park since it was a decent day. I got a walk in. He got to run, hump, mouth, wrestle with the other dogs. We were both happier for it!

I took HC out for her belated birthday dinner. No I didn’t forget. She didn’t feel like going out last weekend so we postponed it. We went to Ma Provence in Squirrel Hill. The appetizer and salad were great but the main courses were only OK. I made an effort to not gorge myself. (But failed since we HAD to get the appetizer since it was foie gras. Simply had to. P.I.G.) And Foie Gras. Come on. Does it get much worse for you than that? But I HAD to have it.

Yesterday: Brunch at the Point Brugge Café. Have I mentioned I love this place? I do. Omelette with fruit salad. I shared a waffle with HC. I wanted to try them out since the waitress said they were different than regular waffles. (Oh any excuse to eat more. P.I.G.) They used crystallized sugar so the waffles have crunchy parts to them. They were great! I’ll have to get them next time!

I had a great time with everyone and had some nice meals. This weekend was a minor set back as far as diet was concerned. But I’ll do better this week since we don’t have any plans in the evenings. I’ll get to Chowder Cycle. And I bought a truck load of fruits and veggies so I can make a large dose of them to go with our dinners.
It’s an ongoing struggle but it’s worth the effort. No need for Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Heart disease, or Diabetes just to name a few things I’m trying to avoid.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 01, 02:54:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Oh, the Point Brugge Cafe...

 
At Thu Feb 01, 08:04:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Point Brugge....num, num, num....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home