Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Update

The weekend was a nice mix of activity and relaxing.

Friday: I had a few vacation days left over from last year so I took it off. It was a treat for me to have a leasurely breakfast with HC. Since we were in the Strip District, we got 90% of our grocery shopping done. I then ran a few other errands while HC met up with 1 of her former co-workers for lunch. I took HRH out for a walk. It wasn't too cold or snowy when we left the house. He'd been stuck in the house for days and I could tell he was getting a little stir crazy. Anyways, half way through our walk the snow really kicked in. And the winds were pretty strong. HRH was not amused but what can you do?!? Keep walking.


That night, I took S to the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild for his early birthday present. We saw International Guitar Night, featuring Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Brian Gore, and Andrew York. Part of the Guitar Society of Fine Art Concert Series. It was awesome. Those guys were amazing. So much sound out of a few instruments. And very different than the type of music he and I typically listen to. Also, I'd never heard Indian music played live before so that was a first for me. S had a good time. After the first number S said that piece alone was worth the price of admission.

Saturday: Was a relaxing day of watching videos, working out, doing laundry, steaming clothes, and hanging out. We didn't have anything planned so we didn't even leave the house. Besides, it was very cold. So yet another good reason to stay inside!

Sunday: Yoga. Brunch. Chores. A little shopping. J came over to hang out, have dinner, and get caught up.

  • Wine.
  • Nibbly plate (Cheese, olives, artichokes, salami)
  • Mixed green salad. w/HC's Killer homemade blue cheese dressing.
  • Herbed pork chops.
  • Cous Cous.
  • Caramelized Baby Bella mushrooms and shallots.
  • Wine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home