Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend Update

We had a busy but good weekend.

Friday evening we spent getting the house cleaned up. I’m not into housework but it does need to be done on occasion. I do get a bit obessive compulsive about the kitchen. The sink, counter tops, and stove must be clean. After all, that’s where the meals are prepared. Maybe it’s my upbringing in my family’s restaurant but the kitchen always needs to be clean. A couple times a year I’ll take everything out of the refrigerator and give it a good wipe down too. Anyways, I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed.

Saturday we ran errands: Shopping, pick up tax returns from the CPA, visit a few people. Saturday evening we went to dinner with my old boss and her husband. We introduced them to the Point Brugge Café. (We really love that place.) I finally had the mussels in the red curry sauce. They freakin’ rocked!! HC had the pasta with Bolognese sauce. She enjoyed it greatly.

Sunday we went to C’s 40th birthday party. It was good to see him and his family. It’s been 8 or 9 months since we’ve seen him. And it’s been a few years since we’ve seen his family. Afterwards, we took HRH to Hartwood Acres so he could get his run on. We got a hike in, HRH got to run and play with other dogs. We came home and I washed our grime encrusted cars. Again, I’m not big into cleaning unless it’s the kitchen or my cars. I need/want them to be clean.

Besides, the weather was wonderful so I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could. I was getting very cranky with the cold weather we’ve been having. Cabin fever HAD set in and I needed to be out.


HC’s getting back to her self. It’s still going to take a bit but she’s headed in a good direction.

I’m unwinding now with a beer in hand and Sirius Internet radio playing. I’ll read a bit, have dinner and call it a night.


All in all, a very good weekend. A nice balance of chores and fun.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 12, 01:42:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I'm glad to hear that HC is getting back. As for me? I've started the spring cleaning too. I love to clean. Seriously.

 
At Mon Mar 12, 06:28:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Come on over!! :-)

You're welcome to keep your cleaning groove on!

 
At Mon Mar 12, 09:10:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

PW: When you're done at Chowder's, please come do mine!!!

CH: Glad to hear you had a good weekend and you got to get outside in the nice weather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home