Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So what's been going on?

What's been going on? Why haven't you been posting as often as you usually do?

Well, Now that things are slowing down I have time to let you all know what’s been going on the past few weeks.

Work: As busy as ever. Always something going on. I need to slow down a little bit. I’m always trying to do too many things at once. I get them all done but I’m frazzled for it.

I made a realization the other day:

“Other than lunch and bathroom, I don’t take any breaks throughout the day.”

I’m either at my desk with e-mails & calls or at meetings. Some people take smoke breaks. Others take coffee breaks. I need to slow down and take a few breaks throughout the day myself. I think it’ll help my stress level and mental state.

LIFE: Within a few days of us coming back from Costa Rica, the Dad went in for out patient surgery. The surgery was a success and he’s doing OK and recovering now.

Last July he went in for a Transurethral Resection of the Prostate. We refer to it affectionately as “The Roto-Rooter”. The resection was a success BUT a side effect was 1 of his testicles swelled to the size of a DUCK EGG. I don’t know if you know “how” large a duck egg is….BUT it’s bigger than a chicken egg AND certainly bigger than a human testicle should be. Anyways, his Urologist said this is common and “give it a few months for the swelling to go down”. Well the swelling didn’t go down so the Dad had to go in for a Left Hydrocelectomy. And since the urologist was there, he threw in a Cystoscopy and Uretheral Dialation. The Dad’s plumbing is as good as new and he should be peeing like a champ now. My Suster was thinking of nicknaming my Dad "Left Nut"....

So yes, within a few days of coming back from a very relaxing, lovely vacation we had my Dad recovering with us for a week. My Sister came up from DC to help out. So it was a full house. And full of activity.

All of this commotion took the wonderful relaxing vacation feeling and flushed it right down the toilet. It left me
wondering if it wasn’t a big waste of money. I felt great while I was there but that relaxed, calm feeling didn’t make it a week once I got home!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 24, 12:47:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I think you need to come up with your own "smoke break."

 
At Sat Jun 30, 10:21:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: You're right. Thursday afternoon I took a slow walk around my building. It was killing me to walk slowly but I know I needed to take a few minutes and be away from it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home