Friday, July 28, 2006

Yoga is so relaxxxzzzzzzzinggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzz……..

Chowderhead and I took our third yoga class tonight. We stretched and breathed and balanced for over an hour. At the end of each class the instructor leads you through a guided meditation to help you relax, both in the moment and to remember how to relax in the future.

After a few minutes of relaxing suggestions the instructor let the room go quiet. We were all lying on our backs for a few more minutes when I thought I heard the low rumble of something familiar and dreamy. I strain to listen again and know for certain now. My husband, the Chowderhead, has fallen asleep. I immediately want to laugh out loud. Of course this would be inappropriate, so I try to stifle the laugh. Well this takes me straight back to middle school - passing notes in class and trying not to laugh. The more I try not to laugh the more it bubbles out in what I hope are quiet and undetected little snickers.

Thankfully the instructor starts to talk again. Good – something else to focus on. And the snoring stops – maybe her voice woke Sleeping Beauty over there. I listen to the instructor and do what she says, as she slowly brings us back to reality. I go through the moves carefully avoiding looking over at the Chowder. Finally, after being instructed to sit back up, I can’t help but look over at my beloved Chowder. Sure enough, although he stopped snoring, he did not wake up. The whole class is sitting up, but the Chowder is still splayed on the floor front and center of the room.

At least he has finally found a way to relax.

6 Comments:

At Sun Jul 30, 10:24:00 AM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

HellCat: I have no idea how you held the laughter inside! I don't think I would have been able to do it!

 
At Mon Jul 31, 09:15:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: I was tired from the week, I was all streched out, AND it was very relaxing.

My dark gift is to make the HellCat laugh. Sometimes it's the only thing that gets me out of trouble.

 
At Mon Jul 31, 01:47:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

That's very funny.

I think I would have busted out laughing!!

I remember having a massage on the cruise last year and being so relaxed and comfortable that I fell asleep. Sure, sure the embarrassement factor wasn't there (and my lady massueuse SP?) very gently woke me up again, but still...falling asleep at yoga class?

Oh, you're not going to hear the end of it Chowder.

 
At Mon Jul 31, 03:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: I'm OK with people laughing at me.

The abuse is well deserved. But like a good massage, yoga class relaxes me.

I'm glad y'all got a good laugh out of it. HellCat sure did. She was kinda cuaght because she wanted to bust out laughing but didn't want to disrupt the class even further. So it's that "Want to laugh but can't" which makes it even more difficult.

Much like Harvey Korman (sp) on the Carol Burnett show. When Tim Conway would do something that totally cracked him up. It was great fun to watch him try to keep it together. It looked like it hurt at times.

 
At Mon Jul 31, 09:17:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

at least you can take it in stride.

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to melt into my chair.

thank you.

 
At Tue Aug 01, 09:42:00 AM 2006, Blogger Osquer said...

Sounds like a good arrangement to me, Hellcat. You got a good laugh and Chowder got a good nap. Two things that I can always use. I got the laugh from your post. I'll have to sneak the nap when I...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home