Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gastronomics R us

First off, we had a lovely time with PaperBack Writer, Loki, and Michelle. Thank you for the laughs, lively conversation, and company.

Secondly, our group has NO luck in selecting places to go. The first time we got together, we went to the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern on a Monday. Well, now our group knows the BBT is closed on Mondays! Last night we wanted to go to Nakama. Nakama was packed. Probably a 2 hour wait. So we all had a laugh at our luck and went to the City Grill. No the City Grill does not have sushi. And yes PW, Michelle, and I had sushi on the brain but by then we were all getting too hungry for dinner at 8:00. So sushi night will have to wait until next time. And next time, we’ll make sushi the second choice so we can actually get in the place!

Thirdly, I’m becoming my mother. I ordered the New Zealand Rack of Lamb. When it arrived I carved one chop off for me, one for the HellCat, and one for Michelle. I didn’t ask if they wanted a chop. I didn’t need to be asked for a chop. I just carved off the chops and placed them on their plates. I didn’t realize I did this until we were at home and HellCat brought it up. “You’re turning into your mother…” Holy Crap! When did this happen?

I need a nerve pill!!!

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 20, 09:39:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

:)

We had a good time as well! See you next week!

 
At Thu Jul 20, 09:40:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

:)

We had a good time as well!! See you next week!

 
At Thu Jul 20, 11:06:00 AM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Great friends + great food = GREAT TIME!!

Chowder: You can put food on my plate ANYTIME!! No need to worry that I will take offense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home