Monday, August 14, 2006

I was a manly man tonight

J & I went to Home Depot & Sam's Club to shop for tools & ladders.

J bought a new house and has been borrowing tools from us the past few weeks. Well, he got the bug to get his own ladder and start his own tool collection.

So we went hardware shopping. You know, manly man kinda stuff. Ladders, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, drills, tool belts, etc..

He's on his way with a new ladder. This weekend we'll move some furniture to his third floor and buy more tools. Yeah!!

I love to shop. I'm good at spending money. I prefer to spend other people's money but more often than not it's my money that gets spent. :-(

Easy come. Easier go!

9 Comments:

At Tue Aug 15, 09:42:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

....mmmmm.....tools.....

 
At Tue Aug 15, 01:20:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Yeah. Shoppping AND tools!!!

 
At Tue Aug 15, 09:24:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Rob: I know of the power and alure of the nail gun. Sadly, J will not need such a formidable tool.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 09:01:00 AM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

OOoo!!!

But I want a nail gun!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 09:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Nail gun GOOD!!!!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 11:45:00 AM 2006, Blogger Trouble said...

I just bought a reciprocating saw last weekend, and the chef used it to install a new dryer vent.

mmm...even better than tools...

men with power tools....mmmmmmmmmm!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 06:11:00 PM 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Men + power tools = *sigh*

 
At Wed Aug 16, 10:01:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Hm, I think I would just go crazy with I didn't have a power tool!

All the tools in Douglas Manor are my tools...hey, wait...:)

 
At Thu Aug 17, 09:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Having tools and being handy with them are great.

J had us over. I helped him with a few things in his new place. When I asked for a screwdriver, he brought out a screwdriver that you could have used on the USS Iowa. He cracked my shit up. I needed a normal sized screwdriver so I asked if he had a smaller one. He proceeded to produce another screwdriver of the same size. Not sure what you need 2 screwdrivers THAT large for.

I love J. But he cracks me up. We've all got our strengths. His does not include being particularly handy so when we go tool shopping I need to be careful to limit his ability to hurt himself and others. (No nail guns, reciprocating saws, etc...) I think a drill and drill bits is as far as I dare take him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home