Saturday, August 19, 2006

Revelation

This morning my dad called needing help with his PC. Something about getting messages he didn’t understand on the screen. On the way back from helping out it occurred to me my friend S was right: I do need to go up to his camp and drink 5 liter mini kegs-o-Mönchshof Schwarzbier, over eat, and burn things. I’ve been in a funk the past few weeks. Ennui or malaise are more elegant ways to describe how I feel.

My general attitude has been piss poor. I’ve been crankier & crustier than usual. I feel tired, weary even. Things that used to roll off now bother me. I feel like ranting more. Minor things are getting under my skin. I feel angrier and more frustrated. The urge to smack stupid people has really been hard to resist. Even my yoga classes aren’t helping! ha! I need a nerve pill!

HellCat has a vacation planned for us in a few weeks. She won’t tell me where we’re going but I know it’ll be fun. I know the vacation will help.

She agrees with S’s assessment: camp will do me some good. It’ll give me a chance to think and de-funkify. To get my head straight. To recharge. She wants me to go even if S can’t make it. This is an example of why she's fabulous: She know when to give me my space. When to leave me alone & when to talk it out.

I think they're right. I'm stressing out because I've been so careful and responsible at work, life, and finances. It's making me crazy and impossible to deal with. I need some of the good old excess from my youger days. I need to let go.

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 02:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger Osquer said...

"The urge to smack stupid people has really been hard to resist." I know the feeling intimately! Wanna borrow my clue bat?

 
At Mon Aug 21, 03:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Osquer: If I borrowed it. You probably wouldn't get it back! Or it'd be broken from over use.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 02:19:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Clue bat...I like it.

Yes, it sounds like you are suffering from ennui yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home