Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Update

It was a good weekend. I did a lot of errands & things around the house while HC had a painting job.

Friday night I picked up the Miata, grocery shopped and poached Salmon with some herbs and wine. HC made cous cous. Dinner was really good. The Salmon was tender and flaky. And the Cous Cous was flavored wonderfully. HC is the Queen of Cous Cous.

Saturday morning I took the Daddy-o out to shop, have lunch, and AAA. AAA provided some decent information about Costa Rica. I figured now that I've read a little more and have a better idea of what I want. They were able to pull some info & pricing for me.

Saturday night we went over to 1 of HC's friend's homes for dessert. It was a small gathering (8 people). That was cool with me since I prefer to hang out and get a chance to talk to everyone. But the really cool thing was: They had a chocolate fountain. I've seen them in the stores but had never seen 1 in operation. I always wondered if they actually sold since I've never been to a party where 1 was fired up. Anyways, it was OK but not great because the chocolate needed to be thinned to flow properly through the fountain. That took away from the experience for me. If it's going to be a chocolate fountain I want a chocolate fountain!! Not a chocolate & vegetable oil fountain. I always imagined Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory when I think of a chocolate fountain. A pure river of chocolate. How yummy!!

The company was so so. 2 of them were Yinzers so that detracted for me. The other 2 were more interesting. Politically active & vocal, travelled, some sense of taste.

Sunday more household errands/chores. We had a belated Easter dinner since we were out of town last weekend. I made chicken cordon bleu and sauteed some bok choy. HC made another killer batch of cous cous. We had my Dad over along with J and AL. The company and food were good.

And then it was time to clean up and go to sleep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home