Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hello - long time no post...

I'm still here. Sorry I haven't posted much. Some days I get home and I feel so drained it's all I can do to eat and/or make dinner. Then I'm done for the night.

Work is heading in a better direction. It has a way to go but at least things are looking up.

Life is heading in a better direction. I've been cranky, impatient, and bitchy towards people as of late. Fortunately for you, you haven't been around to experience it first hand. My wife has caught the brunt of it. I'm trying to be better about it but sometimes I just want to be left alone. Some me time. No conversation. No chores. No activities. Let my brain resolidify.

I've started to read the What Color is your Parachute book. It's made me think about my situation. About the good, the bad, and the ugly. The big thing is the reminders of the good aspects of my job. I've been so focused on the bad & ugly as of late I forgot about the good.

There is plenty good about my job AND the really fortunate position I'm in.

  • Good paying job with benefits.
  • I'm well regarded by my peers, managers, and customers.
  • I usually get a fair amount of latitude regarding how I plan and execute projects.
  • My manager is really good about allowing my to take time off as I need it (vacation, medical issues, etc...)
So yes. There are some pluses to my current job & position. It's not all a suckfest. I need to keep this in mind as I think about what I want to do next with my life.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thu Mar 29, 03:22:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I'm glad you can see the good points about a sucky job.

 
At Thu Mar 29, 06:18:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Yeah I'm delusional that way....

 
At Mon Apr 02, 11:43:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Aren't we all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home