Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weekend Update

Being out of town did HC and I wonders. I needed a change of scenery even if it was only for a few days.

Usually if we go away there are all sorts of activities planned. (Lots of running around to see this. Or to do that. Etc…) Or at least there are more options available to us. But where we stayed is near not much of anything so we were able to hang out & relax. I didn’t feel like we were missing out on something because there wasn’t much nearby.

We went on a couple of hikes, got spa treatments, hung out, drank beer & wine by the fire, read and talked. Away from the TV, computer, crowds, traffic, and noise. It was nice. I think I really needed a weekend like this. I may try to plan 1 of these quiet weekends every few months just to calm back down.

The food at the lodge was pretty good. Friday night, I had Lamb Chops. HC had Stuffed Shrimp. Saturday night, I had Prime Rib. HC had Pasta Primavera. Both evening’s dinners were done very well.

We were within a few miles of some hiking trails. They were pretty with a light covering of snow. HRH had a good time running, sniffing, and digging.

I got about 60% of the way through the Costa Rica for Dummies book. I’m not a reader and it’s amazing how much I was able to read when there we no distractions. So now HC and I need to discuss what we want to see in CR. I want to hike in the rainforest, see the cloud forest, and do a zip line above the forest. HC’s interested in the rainforest and the beaches. CR is a small country so we should be able to meet both of our requirements.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wed Apr 11, 08:05:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad you're back and I'm SOOOO glad you had a great time! I think it's a great idea to take some time off every few months. It will definitely keep you from going insane! Have fun planning your CR trip!!

 
At Wed Apr 11, 08:30:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: Thanks. Yes it was a good time. I'm definitely going to make time for these no impact/quiet weekends. It really helped.


And CR is going to be a fun trip!!

 
At Thu Apr 12, 12:46:00 PM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I'm glad you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home