Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm starting to feel better

I'm a worrier. It's one of the things I learned from my parents.

HellCat and I have been talking the past few days about finances, jobs, the future. And it's helped my outlook to get our game plan together. She applied logic where there was worry and funk. She made me think about each of my concerns and then compare/contrast our situation with all of the people we know.

After some thought, financially speaking our situation is NOT much different than our friends. Before the thinking I was worried we were in a bad situation and headed for worse. In reality, we are like everyone else.

In regards to jobs: I just got my mid-year review and I'm in good shape. I had a few "Outstandings" and "Exceeds goals". There are many people where I work who have never gotten an Outstanding in their entire career. So I don't need to worry about so much about my job. I just need to keep performing at my current level. But I still worry. (I know I shouldn't but old habbits are hard to break.)

In regards to the future: It'll reveal itself when it's ready. I'm frustrated because I'd like to know "what" I want to do with my life and it's not clear what that should be yet. And I hate to wait!!! I think this is coming up again since another birthday is approaching.

2 Comments:

At Tue Aug 22, 10:22:00 PM 2006, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Worry...a trait you and Loki share. Stop it. Listen to HC. Everything will be fine.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 10:59:00 PM 2006, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Thank you for your words of encouragement. Much like Loki is there for you, HC is here for me.

They provide us grounding when we need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home