Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sorry

Sorry I haven't posted anything recently. Work has been keeping me very busy. I get home and it's all I can do to either make dinner or do the chores. Either way, I've been busy and haven't been able to post.

Work was a bitch this week. I encountered a Diva. Didn't like my attitude. Wanted to know if there was someone she could call about it. I almost called my boss, explained the situation, and handed the phone over to said Diva. It would have been interesting. I'm very tired of this project. Big-lots-o-hurry-up-&-wait. Lots O disorganization. Lots O "I'm not sure what I want but you've got to give it to me ASAP". Lots O I want this. No wait. I want that. No I want this. Yeah. I'm pretty sure... Hang on...No. Yeah. No.

Not the way I run projects. Not the way I organize, plan, or execute them. This project has been a cluster f*ck from the get go. I need to remember I'm the hired hand. Not the brain on this 1. But I want all the projects I'm on to succeed. That's where my problem comes in. I can't compartmentalize this well enough.

Anyways, later in the week I talked to someone else in that group and explained my role on this project. Her eyes got really big. She didn't realize what was happening on my side of it. She apologized for the Diva. I told her it wasn't her behaviour or words that upset me. It was the Diva's. She told me to take anything that came out of that woman's mouth with a grain of salt. Our talk helped but I still feel this project is a mess but at least I've gotten it off my chest. I'm over the incident now but I was pretty pissed for a few days.

My boss knows this is a big mess. But we're committed to it. Corporate America survives in spite of itself.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Mar 18, 12:48:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Don't apologize, CH. Work is a bitch. We know that. I hope it gets better!

 
At Sun Mar 18, 10:02:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: Thanks. Work can be a bitch at times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home