Thursday, April 26, 2007

HC has her concerns

I'm really liking the idea of taking some driving courses and doing the Autocross thing. I don't have to take courses to participate. But I think the courses will explain to me some of the strategies and techniques.

HC's concern? She's not as worried about me getting hurt as much as me being even more vocal/angry/aggressive when we're on the road and stupid drivers do stupid things.

I'm going to have to think about what she said before I move ahead with Autocross:
  • The driving courses will teach me skills that mostly won't apply to driving on the street.
  • Buuuttt I can see them elevating my confidence and as a result making me more annoyed when stupid people do stupid/inconsiderate things behind the wheel.

Why do/would I get annoyed? This harkens back to 1 of my major pet peeves: Stupid/inconsiderate/self-centered people. My annoyance with Stupid/inconsiderate/self-centered people is magnified while driving because they are moving around several thousand pounds of metal AND being Stupid/inconsiderate/self-centered at the same time. It adds to the danger factor. Not only can they harm themselves, but now they have the opportunity to hurt someone else. Not good. not good at all.

I know I should let it go because I have no control over them and their ways but it just really gets under my skin when these people do as they please with no regard for others.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wed May 02, 09:04:00 AM 2007, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

It sounds like you and I are both angry drivers. Loki tells me that they can't hear me when I start yelling at them and I should just use my horn. I tell him that that isn't the point, the point is for me to vent.

 
At Wed May 02, 12:54:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

PW: You and I are angry drivers.

You're right. The point is to vent.

And if they hear me and want to start something I'll kick their rude/clueless/self-centered asses!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home