Saturday, May 05, 2007

Vacation countdown

T minus 5 days and counting. Costa Rica here we come!!!

I'm going to do some serious "
Letting go of the peanuts" I think I've earned it with everything that's happened this year: Work, the family, HC's miscarriage, etc...

I plan to spend time on the beach and in the rainforest. Drink, eat, hike, drink, eat, drink, and drink.

I wish I'd started sooner with my Spanish lesson tapes. I think they're handy. I've learned some simple phrases that will hopefully help us get by. No I'm not going to hold in depth conversations but at least I can ask for some basic things politely. And I'll have a slight chance to understand what they're saying to me.


I'm sure we'll be fine with the little bit I've learned. (It's the typical me wanting to be prepared/worrying) We were OK in France for 2 weeks with the paltry French I understand/speak so I don't think Costa Rica will be much different. We'll be in touristy areas not in the backwoods where no one in the village speaks English.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Sat May 05, 05:19:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!! And have a few drinks for me, okay? ;)

 
At Tue May 08, 10:54:00 AM 2007, Blogger Trouble said...

I'm so happy for y'all. My parents just got back from there with the greatest pics ever. They had so much fun. I hope you have a great time.

 
At Tue May 08, 03:13:00 PM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle & Trouble: Thank you.

We're going to do our best to have a great time. Drink, eat, hikle, drink, eat, sleep, drink....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home