Thursday, May 03, 2007

Not enough hours in the day

There are not enough hours in the day for everything I need/want to get done. It's very frustrating. It's one of the reasons I'm seeing the EAP rep at work.

It's making me crazy trying to be the best worker, best husband, best son, best homeowner, best ??? all rolled into 1 AND within the 24 hours in a day we all have to work with. I try to do my best but always seem to be falling short somewhere. And then I get mad at myself for it and beat myself up...

Case in point this week:
  • Work was pretty busy. I didn't have much scheduled at the beginning of the week. But as the days went on I was busy every day until quittin' time.
  • After work I've been working on cleaning and sorting through my stuff.
  • Tuesday night: I went to the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild for Bob James and the Angel's of Shanghai. It was a very entertaining concert. It was interesting how the group was able to combine the Jazz of Bob James and the traditional Chinese instruments. Very cool.
  • Wednesday: I managed to get my Dad to yell at me over the phone and hang up on me. This will be another post. But suffice it to say I felt like a bad son.
  • I took today & tomorrow off. I needed to get some things done around the house (cleaning, sorting through my stuff, gardening) & run some errands.
  • Tonight: I went to A Night of Guitars presented by Earl Klugh at the MCG. Another really good show. The 3 guitarists played wonderfully. And you could tell they were having a blast on stage.

So yes this demanding life is really stressing me out because I don't feel like I'm able to meet all the demands/expectations of me. I know it's mostly self-imposed demands/expectations but it's still stressing me out. I feel pulled in so many directions. And stretched too thin everywhere. I wish I had more time to do everything I need to do.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Fri May 04, 06:19:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Hang in there. It will get better. And if you by chance find some more hours in the day, please, please, send them my way too? :)

 
At Sat May 05, 10:07:00 AM 2007, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Michelle: I sure will.. Obligations. Duties. Responsibilities.

What a crock of .....

 
At Sat May 05, 05:18:00 PM 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

SH%^$%^%$^T

Yes...I know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home